A vegetable rice wonder that combines the nutty flavor of Merry’s Gold Pishori rice with the fresh taste of vegetables. Because of the distinctive sweet taste of pishori, this dish is the kids’ most favourite. The best part is, this effortless recipe can be enjoyed as the main course or as an accompaniment.
- Wash and soak Merry’s Gold Pishori Rice before cooking.
- Heat oil in a wide face, non-stick pan to ensure even cooking
- Saute’ onions, garlic, turmeric, and ginger in oil for about 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the carrots and stir. The secret to good veggie rice is to fry each ingredient individually.
- Add Merry’s Gold Pishori rice and cook on medium heat for two minutes so the rice is well coated with the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring it to boil, then lower the heat to a minimum low.
- Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork or cooking spoon.
- Garnish and serve while hot.